Autoaim indication + not able to shoot my own team members

1 hour ago, H_G_ said:

Although blocking to shoot to wrecks and my own team members is not checked, this mod is not allowing this. I cannot shoot back, when some idiot is shooting at me. Before 0.9.16 this was possible.

Please do not be all things FAIL!  Never shoot the green ones they are not yet ripe.  Dude, learn to not be so sensitive.  When team mates shoot you... YOU make credits.  When you shoot back... YOU lose credits and risk a ban.  What's your IGN so I can add you to my blacklist?

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, pkodyssey said:

Please do not be all things FAIL!  Never shoot the green ones they are not yet ripe.  Dude, learn to not be so sensitive.  When team mates shoot you... YOU make credits.  When you shoot back... YOU lose credits and risk a ban.  What's your IGN so I can add you to my blacklist?

excactly I hate it when guys  shoot u , I had a guy shoot me and I said  report team killer ,  he says I didn't shoot u , I was like so my damage log is lying , do u want a screen shot, still he denied so I aimed at him and message with safe shot came up but I knew I cudnt shoot him , he shot me again and turned blue and got suspended hahaha idiot

• Upvote 1
On 10/10/2016 at 4:17 PM, bubs79 said:

excactly I hate it when guys  shoot u , I had a guy shoot me and I said  report team killer ,  he says I didn't shoot u , I was like so my damage log is lying , do u want a screen shot, still he denied so I aimed at him and message with safe shot came up but I knew I cudnt shoot him , he shot me again and turned blue and got suspended hahaha idiot

Bad thing is when you are already low health and you are just trying to survive and you get hit by an friendly SPG shell instakilling you and there is no repercussions like tk status or even a ban.... Good thing is I just opened a ticket and let wargaming deal with it from there

59 minutes ago, Davidinlv82 said:

Bad thing is when you are already low health and you are just trying to survive and you get hit by an friendly SPG shell instakilling you and there is no repercussions like tk status or even a ban.... Good thing is I just opened a ticket and let wargaming deal with it from there

As an arty only player, I understand this.  But there are repercussions just like when a tank damages another tank.  Do it enough and you will eventually get banned.  Before that, you are a nice blue color and if I am in the battle I will call you a smurf.

I see other arty players who take too many chances because they are greedy for a kill/damage.  They fire their high tier splash monster spg shell into a group of tanks including friendlies.  I try very hard to be careful and have 278 Battle Buddy Awards to show for it.  I also try to always mark my targets before I fire so the friendly tanks do not drive in close to the target after I fire.  If it is a long distance shot from my CGC, the friendly tank may not even be on my screen when I fire.  But because the shell travel time to target is maybe 4 seconds, a fast tank has enough time to close the distance and drive directly into my shot.  When this happens, arty is not responsible in my opinion.  But, if I do not warn the tanks by marking my shot...then I am at fault.

Be careful out there and if arty marks a target then do not be stupid and drive into danger.  If you do, do not blame arty.

Edited by Darth_Clicker
50 minutes ago, Darth_Clicker said:

As an arty only player, I understand this.  But there are repercussions just like when a tank damages another tank.  Do it enough and you will eventually get banned.  Before that, you are a nice blue color and if I am in the battle I will call you a smurf.

I see other arty players who take too many chances because they are greedy for a kill/damage.  They fire their high tier splash monster spg shell into a group of tanks including friendlies.  I try very hard to be careful and have 278 Battle Buddy Awards to show for it.  I also try to always mark my targets before I fire so the friendly tanks do not drive in close to the target after I fire.  If it is a long distance shot from my CGC, the friendly tank may not even be on my screen when I fire.  But because the shell travel time to target is maybe 4 seconds, a fast tank has enough time to close the distance and drive directly into my shot.  When this happens, arty is not responsible in my opinion.  But, if I do not warn the tanks by marking my shot...then I am at fault.

Be careful out there and if arty marks a target then do not be stupid and drive into danger.  If you do, do not blame arty.

This wasn't a case of friendly spash damage, it was a blatent teamkill

Edited by Davidinlv82
5 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

This wasn't a case of friendly spash damage, it was a blatent teamkill

7 hours ago, Davidinlv82 said:

I play arty a lot and, as Darth pointed out, once a round is out of the tube, there's always a chance a teammate will take a hit - but it's not intentional as in the case Davidinlv82 describes. Part of my satisfaction with arty comes from helping bail a teammate out of a sticky situation, but when one of my guys is bearhugging an enemy, I will not shoot until or unless the enemy makes a kill

4 hours ago, Wm_Raub said:

I play arty a lot and, as Darth pointed out, once a round is out of the tube, there's always a chance a teammate will take a hit - but it's not intentional as in the case Davidinlv82 describes. Part of my satisfaction with arty comes from helping bail a teammate out of a sticky situation, but when one of my guys is bearhugging an enemy, I will not shoot until or unless the enemy makes a kill

Same here, have accidentally killed an ally with splash damage 1 time and after that I've been extra careful. The case in which I was killed by an ally I was not around any enemy, I was in my IS-6 and just got done facing a group and was trying to find some cover to lick my wounds and regroup when I was hit, would be nice if wargaming did more to prevent something like that from happening...

I play a lot of arty too it is annoying that  when u fire it takes  a few seconds and by that time a  light or fast heavy has  wandered into the target destination.  sometimes its funny  though seeing  an is3    drive straight into your shell and get ammo racked ,  I just put it down to a whoops and say sorry to the guy

15 minutes ago, bubs79 said:

I play a lot of arty too it is annoying that  when u fire it takes  a few seconds and by that time a  light or fast heavy has  wandered into the target destination.  sometimes its funny  though seeing  an is3    drive straight into your shell and get ammo racked ,  I just put it down to a whoops and say sorry to the guy

Oh I understand, but still in my case is was a deliberate teamkill, not an accident! I would perhaps understand if it was a case where I was still around a group of enemies or just drove right into the line of fire but this guy purposefully did it cause I wasn't doing what he wanted or would have liked me to do and was so confirmed when I confronted him about it. He admitted to doing it on purpose and I happened to catch the conversation while recording on my game DVR and submitted it to wargaming in a ticket, they were quick to respond with "we will investigate and take the appropriate action against this player for violating the rules." And then later got another message from them saying they have taken action against the player but because of their privacy policy they could not tell me what it was they did to punish him for his actions.

When saying that I think wargaming should do a little more to prevent something like this from happening it was aimed more towards them implementing the mod that stops you from shooting at allies into the game itself like they have done so with the smoke screen mod in world of warships...... a mod that is no longer needed to be downloaded separately because it is incorporated into the game itself now. That would take the pain out of having to deal with teammates teamkilling you just because they are being pricks and obviously don't care about sportsmanlike conduct.....

1 hour ago, Davidinlv82 said:

When saying that I think wargaming should do a little more to prevent something like this from happening it was aimed more towards them implementing the mod that stops you from shooting at allies into the game itself like they have done so with the smoke screen mod in world of warships...... a mod that is no longer needed to be downloaded separately because it is incorporated into the game itself now. That would take the pain out of having to deal with teammates teamkilling you just because they are being pricks and obviously don't care about sportsmanlike conduct.....

Adding the safe shot mod to WoT wouldn't prevent arty from teamkilling on purpose. Safe shot works based on where your crosshair is, so you could place it right next to someone.

(By crosshair I mean the fixed crosshair, regardless of where your gun is pointing... so if you have autoaim on someone, and there's a friendly in between, and your crosshair isn't on the friendly, you'll still hit him)

8 hours ago, Quaksen said:

Adding the safe shot mod to WoT wouldn't prevent arty from teamkilling on purpose. Safe shot works based on where your crosshair is, so you could place it right next to someone.

(By crosshair I mean the fixed crosshair, regardless of where your gun is pointing... so if you have autoaim on someone, and there's a friendly in between, and your crosshair isn't on the friendly, you'll still hit him)

Still worth looking into isn't it?