XVM Minimap - Dynamic viewrange circle not enabled

When this XVM minimap option is selected in the installed, it does not seem to be installing the correct minimapCircles.xc file.  The one installed does not have the dynamic distance enabled.  I've noticed this since the dynamic option became available in the installer, just finally figured out what the problem was.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

Edited by zavar

Blindarea is enabled in the config.  However when you select the dynamic circle option, it has this in the minimapCircles.xc file:

"enabled": false, "distance": "dynamic",

When I set this option to "true", dynamic circle is shown.  I think the installer may just not be added all the toggled options correctly for the view range circles.

Edited by zavar

I am pretty sure that "blindarea" is the correct one.. showing dynamically your spotting range, without showing it larger than 445 meters, since that's the max spotting, and anything above that, will only help you detect within 445 meters.

It's a blue circle, as per the installer, and it's blue when installed in the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Administrator

12 hours ago, zavar said:

When this XVM minimap option is selected in the installed, it does not seem to be installing the correct minimapCircles.xc file.  The one installed does not have the dynamic distance enabled.  I've noticed this since the dynamic option became available in the installer, just finally figured out what the problem was.

_Aslain_logs.zip

python.log

I am using blindarea in the modpack because dynamic view range is showing it's circle sometimes outside of 445m, it has no use, since max view range is 445. What benefits do you get if you see view range circle over 445?

Blindarea setting in modpack will act just like dynamic view range, but stops at 445m.