enCORE RT results

my bad... will do...

go to this website:
wotencore

don't worry... it's official... and i think the site is in russian language... but the installer is in english... just click the orange colored button and download the installer or click here to download (4mb+ file) then install... i think it's another 1gb+ of download file for the enCORE RT application and installation...

after installation... launch

en1.thumb.png.11f8b3f92612dceae0218aaa6cc5603a.png

go to Graphics Settings

en2.thumb.png.955ac5dc8c8c96b10aa28aa1f01e4cfd.png

this is the RT OFF setting

en3.thumb.png.cf41289cc5f51c9a4aa98c35bf057fad.png

RT ON Setting

en4.thumb.png.2276496fd295be6970a0cdffd2a062ee.png

click TEST... results located on where you installed enCORE RT under screenshots folder... .png files...

Edited by hidetada

anyone with specs similar to mine esp. radeon rx 580 card?... or other amd cards... want to compare results as almost same processor (non x variant) with albeit a different card (nvidia 1660 ti) has an encore rt score of almost 17k while mine is at 9k hehehe... though i am running a dual monitor set-up (main monitor is a tn panel at 165hz refresh rate and the second monitor is an ips panel at 75hz refresh rate)... even though i am running it on the main monitor (full hd and full screen) and the other stuff like open browsers are on the other monitor... i think it affects the score... did a screenshot when i did the guide to this... and the resulting image has a 3,840 x 1,080 resolution... and another result from albeit a bit slower system than mine is higher again than my results... ^^

found a thread on TPU where the user has a 3800x proc. and same gpu as mine rx580... with also the same range of results rt on/off... here... and someone posted there...

The kernels are optimized for the latest Intel® processors with support for SSE, AVX, AVX2, and AVX-512 instructions

lol... still favoring intel processors... ^^

I have an i7 and a GTX 1080 ti.  I tested WOT Encore RT at several different resolutions and settings.  My results with RT on at the highest setting compared to RT off are 40-65% lower FPS at most resolutions.  That a huge performance hit for better tank shadows.  I used MSI Afterburner to record average FPS, minimum FPS, 1% low FPS, and 0.1% low FPS.  

I began testing it on a lower spec system.  I'm not done, so I don't have all the results yet, but it looks similar. 

Also, Wargaming is lying to its customers.  It gives sub 30 FPS results a "Good" rating in their WOT Encore benchmark.  Most players wouldn't consider a near slideshow of sub 30 FPS a "Good" gameplay experience.

• Upvote 1
On 10/19/2019 at 11:06 PM, hidetada said:

lol... still favoring intel processors...

"support for SSE, AVX, AVX2, and AVX-512 instructions"

Wargaming chose to use Intel's to add ray tracing because its easy to implement and is more for marketing than actual game graphics quality and game performance.  Its good marketing when a game developer can say they support ray tracing on all GPUs.  During actual gameplay most players won't notice much of a difference in the tank shadows unless they are sitting somewhere a long time and get bored then start to look at their tank.  The WoT Encore RT demo tries to get the viewer to look at the tank shadows.  Its nice to have better shadows I guess, but doesn't add much to the quality of the game and causes a huge performance hit at the higher shadow settings.

Its not Intel's fault that AMD hasn't properly implemented some of the AVX instructions on its processors yet.  AVX 512 was available on Intel consumer desktop processors in August of 2015.  AMD has had plenty of time to implement it.  Ryzen supports AVX 128 bit.  To support AVX 256 bit, the Ryzen CPUs join two 128 bit units together. 

The only possible issue I can see with AMD implementing AVX-512 is that on overclocked Intel CPUs, some of them have to drop to a lower speed to run AVX-512, so AMD processors may also have to reduce their speed to run AVX 512 and not be able to run at any boost clocks/PBO when running AVX-512.

SSE is ancient technology that AMD has supported for a long time.

yep...it shows what fits into their expectations.  The funny thing is that the RT program didn't want to run that test because it said my system wasn't suitable for all Ultra Settings with Ray Tracing on and set to Ultra....but in the end it said the result was good....haha.  So, does that mean that "good"= unsuitable in their eyes?  Apparently.

You are correct, if I set everything to Ultra, I get around 20-25 fps.  I have to make compromises and play at around 55 fps. 

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, FUZZELBIRNE said:

when will RT will come in this game ??

wotencore_06_01_2020_05_13_59.png

To quote Wargaming, "Soon."

It seems to be an inefficient version of ray tracing.  It only does ray traced shadows and its a huge performance hit for minimal graphics improvement.  Also, for CPU based ray tracing, it doesn't properly take advantage of a higher number for CPU cores and threads.  I tried it on a variety of systems and it doesn't seem to scale much past 6 or 8 threads.  The performance hit would be less if it was coded to take advantage of more threads.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2019 at 9:19 AM, hidetada said:

anyone with specs similar to mine esp. radeon rx 580 card?... or other amd cards... want to compare results as almost same processor (non x variant) with albeit a different card (nvidia 1660 ti) has an encore rt score of almost 17k while mine is at 9k hehehe... though i am running a dual monitor set-up (main monitor is a tn panel at 165hz refresh rate and the second monitor is an ips panel at 75hz refresh rate)... even though i am running it on the main monitor (full hd and full screen) and the other stuff like open browsers are on the other monitor... i think it affects the score... did a screenshot when i did the guide to this... and the resulting image has a 3,840 x 1,080 resolution... and another result from albeit a bit slower system than mine is higher again than my results... ^^

funny.  i have ryzen 5 2600 (non x) @ 3.8ghz and an rx590, with raytracing i got 10,559

On 3/6/2020 at 7:53 PM, tall414 said:

funny.  i have ryzen 5 2600 (non x) @ 3.8ghz and an rx590, with raytracing i got 10,559

wotencore_06_03_2020_19_15_51.png.b7329595bc1c4765e73ace7d21bc64a0.png

On 10/25/2019 at 5:23 AM, hidetada said:

anyone with amd radeon cards?... as have posted initially...

9k range on mine               (2600x + rx580)

9k range on another user    (3800x + rx580)

need more results for amd cards... ^^

see mine above

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2020 at 9:04 AM, tall414 said:

wotencore_06_03_2020_19_15_51.png.b7329595bc1c4765e73ace7d21bc64a0.png

see mine above

still near my 9k range... from the looks of it... it's still favoring nvidia cards (on amd and intel processors)... hoping to see users with 5500, 5600, 5700 amd video cards...

After adding a second GPU to my system, I tried several different methods of getting SLI to work properly with Nvidia Profile Inspector.  I haven't been able to get it to work with WoT Encore.  I either get both GPU's running at 50% power or 1 GPU running at 100% power.

With regular World of Tanks, SLI causes flickering issues int he garage and weird artifacts in some of the effects in the game.  Sometimes the exhaust smoke form the tanks comes out as flickering cubes.

On 4/4/2020 at 11:32 AM, GolKosh said:

Wot is a intel based game ;)... it is the same with Adobe, all intel above AMD ;)

WoT is GPU limited and once you reach a certain level of CPU power it doesn't make a difference if you have an Intel or AMD CPU.

20 hours ago, Bavor said:

After adding a second GPU to my system, I tried several different methods of getting SLI to work properly with Nvidia Profile Inspector.  I haven't been able to get it to work with WoT Encore.  I either get both GPU's running at 50% power or 1 GPU running at 100% power.

With regular World of Tanks, SLI causes flickering issues int he garage and weird artifacts in some of the effects in the game.  Sometimes the exhaust smoke form the tanks comes out as flickering cubes.

WoT is GPU limited and once you reach a certain level of CPU power it doesn't make a difference if you have an Intel or AMD CPU.

what nvidia gpu are you using on sli?... have you tried contacting WoT support with regards to your sli problem?...

21 hours ago, Bavor said:

true.... But still intel based... It would be great if wot had GPU support, but until then.....

wot-specs.png

Maybe stupid question but anyway... have both GPU your adding the same engine? Or else it wouldn't work either 

Edited by GolKosh